Peugeot has introduced a new plug-in hybrid concept Peugeot 508 Sport Engineeredthat will debut at the Geneva motor show on March 5.
A new car based on the Peugeot 508 HYBRID, but with the additional rear electric motor will be much faster and will offer all-wheel drive.
Powerplant of the new sports plug-in hybrid consists of a PureTech petrol engine 200 and the motor 110 HP front and an electric motor rated at 150 kW/200 HP at the rear. The total capacity of the transmission about 400 HP at 500 N⋅m the torque and acceleration to 100 km/h will amount to 4.3 seconds with a maximum speed of 250 km/h.
Battery capacity remains the same 11,8 kWh with the range in pure electric mode, the WLTP cycle at 50 km.
Technical characteristics plug-in hybrid concept Peugeot 508 Sport Engineered:
- battery capacity is 11.8 kWh;
- cruising range in electric mode up to 50 km (WLTP);
- the system output of approximately 400 BHP (petrol PureTech engine 200 and the motor 110 HP front-engine power 150 kW/200 HP at the rear);
- torque 500 N⋅m;
- all-wheel drive;
- the acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h: 4,3 s;
- acceleration from 80 to 120 km/h: 2.5 s;
- acceleration from 80 to 180 km/h: 9,3 s;
- the maximum speed of 250 km/h;
- CO2 emissions: 49 g/km (WLTP).
Recall, Peugeot revealed the new logo “MOTION & e-MOTION” marking the electrification of the brand.