Volkswagen introduced a new plug-in hybrid Passat GTE 2019 model year with a small facelift of the external appearance and technical innovations, including:
- the new system of Autonomous driving IQ.Drive is able to partially control the car at speeds from 0 to 210 km/h;
- intelligent wheel with a new interface responding to the touch of the driver;
- a new generation of modular infotainment system MIB3;
- service We Connect Fleet with digital journal, monitoring fuel consumption and the service Manager.
According to a press release, pre-sale new electrified Passat will begin in may 2019 in some European countries, and a full launch will take place in late August.
Basic electric technical characteristics of the new Volkswagen Passat GTE:
- rechargeable battery with 13 kWh (31% larger storage capacity than the previous generation and 9.9 kWh);
- the power reserve is 55 km standard WLTP or 70 km according to the NEDC (20 km or 40% more than in the previous generation);
- the total capacity of the transmission 160 kW (218 BHP) (110 kW/150 HP 1.4 TSI petrol turbocharged engine and 85 kW/115 HP electric motor).
- on-Board charger power of 3.6 kW (full charge in about 4 hours).